All my mini meatball fans….check this out! ARTICHOKE TURKEY MEATBALLS!!! Yup, I have to try this with regular meatballs, because the turkey ones are AMAZING. How do I know? Well I ate like 6 as I was putting them into a container…haha…what…I have to try the food before I serve it to my guests….no? Speaking of which, these are perfect appetizers for the upcoming New Years holiday….
– 1 lb ground turkey meat (I used Butterball)
– Grated cheese
– Whole wheat bread crumbs
– 1-2 eggs (or egg beaters)
– Olive oil
– 2-3 chopped/mince garlic gloves
– 1 glass jar or can of quartered artichoke hearts
(1) Place the turkey meat in a bowl and add about a cup of the grated cheese, bread crumbs, chopped garlic, and eggs in a bowl and set aside
(2) Drain the jar/can of artichoke hearts then add them to your food processor and process until they are chopped up
(3) Add the artichoke hearts to the bowl and mix well with your hands, once the mix is done I added a little sprinkle of olive oil over the mix and mixed again.
(4) Roll the mix lightly into mini size meatballs and place in a glass 13 x 9 pan greased with a sprinkle or 2 of olive oil. I made mine “appetizer-mini” so I used a 13 x 9 and an 8 x 8 pyrex
(5) Place the meatballs into the oven at 350 until they are lightly browned and cooked through
(6) Take them at of the oven and place them in a tupperware container, to keep the meatballs from drying out I covered them with a good layer of what else…..olive oil…
Ah nom nom!! You’re done!!!
Happy New Year!!!!