I know its been FOREVER since I posted anything, but its been awhile since I have tried anything NEW, and in this case extremely experimental. My cousin, told my Aunt, told my Mom (haha) that her kids just LOVE these blondie brownies. Now you’re saying, “Duh! What kid doesn’t like brownies? I forgot to tell you that these brownies are gluten-free, grain-free, high-in-fiber, clean, natural, and high in protein.
I won’t lie….I was pretty skeptical…especially when one of the ingredients is CHICK PEAS!! But to my surprise these blondie-brownies taste awesome!
Here is the link to the recipe: http://www.damyhealth.com/2012/04/flourless-chocolate-chip-blondie-brownies/
- 1 Cup Natural Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1/3 Cup Honey (I used Agave I had left over from a SkinnyTaste.com recipe for cranberries from Thanksgiving)
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 Cup Egg Whites (2 Egg Whites)
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 Cups Cooked Chickpeas (I used 1 can chick peas)
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips (I used Shoprite brand chocolate chips)
(1) Put all ingredients, except for the chocolate chip cookies in a food processor and mix until all ingredients are combined, my processor is on the small side so I then transferred the ingredients to a bowl
(2) Then take your chocolate chips and mix them into the mixture.
(3) Grease an 8×8 glass pan with cooking spray and spread the mixture evenly
(4) Preheat the oven to 350 and bake the blondie-brownies for 30 minutes or until your fork/knife comes out clean
Ah nom nom! You’re done!
I will be bringing these blondie-brownies to a small holiday gathering tomorrow night and hopefully they like them as much as I did! If you try this recipe please don’t hesitate to let me know what you think! Again, please leave comments and or recipe recommendations for me to read! I blog for fun, and to share with those I know are interested in hearing about the recipes I try, but it is always a pleasure to know who’s reading!!
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!! EVERYONE HAVE A SAFE AND AWESOME WEEKEND!