Oh boy – I won’t lie, I had my entire blog ready to publish and then it DISAPPEARED!! Ugh, well because this cake was just THAT AWESOME I’m re-typing….
I took this recipe from a fellow blogger:
Ingredients you’ll need:
1 1/4 cups applesauce (or oil, this is what my Nana used)
2 cups sugar
2 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 cup grated carrots
1 cup coconut
1 cup chopped nuts (optional-I did not use nuts, because I only had almonds in the house)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup crushed pineapple (not drained!)
*Preheat the oven to 350 degrees*
(1) Mix the first group of ingredients: applesauce, sugar, eggs
(2) Add the second group of ingredients: flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon
(3) Add the third group of ingredients
(4) Stir all the above ingredients until thoroughly mixed
(5) Make sure you “grease” the pans with butter spray before pouring the mixture evenly into 2 layer pans.
(6) Place the pans in the oven and cook for 30-35 or until a toothpick comes out clean
(7) Once the layers are cool enough ice away! I chose a store-bought cream cheese icing, since they tend to be sweet I only iced the middle and top of the cake.
Ah nom nom!! You’re done!!
Let me tell you this cake was actually “To-Die-For”!! It was extremely quick & easy to make and tastes soooooooo much better than the mix out of the box! I will definitely be making all my carrot cakes from scratch from now on! Actually, I’m refraining from seconds as I type!