For those who don’t know already I’ve been on Weight Watchers since later January. Every week they handout a small newsletter containing important diet tips and my favorite…..RECIPES!!! This one in particular caught my eye….not just because I had had breakfast yet haha. The recipe was for a ZUCCHINI, BASIL, GOAT CHEESE OMELET.
It was an impromptu choice to make this recipes for dinner tonight so I had to make some adjustments to the recipe. The following recipe is my own version, and it serves two people.
What you’ll need:
– 4 eggs
– 1/2 of a medium-size zucchini (julienne)
– garlic salt
– olive oil cooking spray
(1) Julienne 1/2 the zucchini and put in a small bowl. I cut-up the other 1/2 of the zucchini in bigger pieces and placed in a ziplock for use later this week
(2) Spray a small frying pan a few times with the olive oil cooking spray, and add the julienned zucchini
(3) Put the zucchini on low, while you start to prepare the omelet
(4) Take a larger frying pan out, and use a few sprays of the olive oil spray. Meanwhile, whisk 4 eggs in a small bowl (I had a little salt & pepper & skim milk at this point to flavor the egg). Add the whisked eggs to the larger frying pan
(5) Once the omelet is done, take a fork or a pair of thongs and add the zucchini to the center of the omelet. The Weight Watchers recipe called for goat cheese here, however, I didn’t have any so I used part-skim Shoprite shredded mozzarella cheese.
(6) Fold over the omelet, and shut-off. At this point check to make sure you cut-off the heat to both frying pans.
(7) You can choose to bask in the glory of the whole omelet or do what I did. I took the spatula to “cut” the omelet in half. I plated the omelet, topped it with any stray zucchini from the frying pan and added 1 piece of italian bread toasted w/ butter
Ah Nom Nom!! You’re Done!!