I bought eggplant earlier this week and never quite got around to making lunch out of it, so instead I decided to try a new recipe, which actually turned out to be TWO new recipes….
ROASTED EGGPLANT BASIL AND BLACK OLIVE SPREAD
What you need:
1 medium sized eggplant
1 can pitted black olives
4 cloves garlic
handful of basil leaves
1 can chick peas
(1) Preheat the oven to 375, and spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray
(2) Peel the eggplant, cut it into chunks and place on the cookie sheet.
(3) Place the cookie sheet in the oven for about 20 minutes or until the eggplant is soft. Take out and let cool for a few minutes
(4) Place 2 cloves of garlic, 1/2 a can of black olives (drained), 5-6 large basil leaves, a pinch of sea salt and 1/2 of the roasted eggplant chunks into the food processor and puree
The mixture will make a spread that will be great for use on toasted Italian bread, crackers, or on veggies
ROASTED EGGPLANT AND BLACK OLIVE HUMMUS
(1) Before you clean the food processor take the remaining ingredients and add a little bit of olive oil and a drained can of chick peas. You can add basil, but I did not. Puree and now you have your Roasted Eggplant and Black Olive Hummus
Ah Nom Nom! You’re Done!!