Okay I may have cooked a little too much today, if that is at all possible. I started with making 2 different types of turkey burgers. One of which I’ve already blogged about – Spanakopita Turkey Burgers. Then put them in the freezer for use over the next 2 weeks. Then I put an apple pie in the oven for dessert, as per my father’s request. As you can tell from the picture below I pretty much took over the kitchen this morning!!
One of my new recipes for today is Spinach & Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms. Unfortunately, without the bacon, because we didn’t have any around to use.
Here’s the original recipe: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/01/skinny-spinach-and-bacon-stuffed.html
The SkinnyTaste.com blog looks great! And, it has nutrition facts and Weight Watchers points. You’ll definitely see me trying some recipes from here over the next few weeks.
Ingredients you’ll need:
– 1 package frozen chopped spinach
– 2 cloves chopped garlic
– 1/4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
– Grated cheese
– 1 packaged mushrooms
(1) Clean the mushrooms and remove the stems
(2) Mix the first 4 ingredients in a bowl
(3) Stuff each mushroom with a as much as the above mixture as you can, and top all the mushrooms with a little bit of olive oil
(4) Loosely cover the pyrex/container with tin foil. Then bake in the oven on 350-375 degrees for about 20 minutes or until the mushrooms are cooked to your liking
AH NOM NOM!!!! You’re done!!
I also took the time to play with the design of the blog and add a few new features!! Please check them out and let me know what you think!! Remember, I can see how many people read the blog, but just not who. Don’t be scared, share your thoughts with me, give me ideas, or tell me how you customized the recipe to your liking.
Hope you all had a good weekend!!!