Well I couldn’t exactly have an appetizer and dessert with out dinner and a side dish now could I?? Tonight I tried to make Lemon-Garlic Pork Medallions (aka pork chops) with mashed/pureed cauliflower as a side.
Ingredients you’ll need:
– boneless cut pork chops
– garlic cloves
– reduced sodium chicken broth
– olive oil
(1) Boil the cauliflower until it is soft enough to food process, then drain
(2) Put the drained cauliflower, 1 clove garlic and olive in the food process and …..well food process lol
I placed the cauliflower in a bowl and then re-heated it in the microwave right before dinner. You can do this oh put it in a tupperware and re-heat it has needed.
Lemon-Garlic Pork Medallions:
(1) Put a little olive oil in a frying pan, place the pork medallions in the frying pan and put a little salt & pepper on each size.
(2) Cook the pork on low until it is cooked through, then turn up the heat a bit so that the pork browns
(3) Set the pork medallions aside and shut-off the heat under the frying pan, then add a little more olive oil, and 2 cloves chopped garlic, turn the heat up to low and brown the garlic for about 30 seconds
(4) Add 1 cup chicken broth, a squeeze of lemon juice, salt and pepper and turn up the heat to high until the chicken broth reduces for about 5 minutes
(5) Pour the broth reduction over each pork medallion and then serve, I added a little bit of the cauliflower next to each medallion to help soak up the broth, and made sure there is some garlic from the reduction on top of each medallion
AH NOM NOM!! You’re done!!
And, now I’m really done cooking for the night, really!!!